Unprotected sex, tear on the foreskin, using neosporin. Is it safe to have oral sex?

last saturday i had unprotected sex with a girl i have been dating. we have both been tested for STDs and she has an IUD. things got hot and heavy and we started to have vaginal intercourse before we were properly lubricated, and i tore my foreskin. it bled quite a bit at first but after cleaning it it stopped almost completely. it bled slightly in the night but has since stopped completely. that night i purchased neosporin and have been applying it regularly every day. from what i have seen online i believe it to have been a partial frenulum tear. my chief concern is that we would like to start having sex again as soon as possible, and although i know i need to let it heal as much as possible, i am wondering if we can engage in oral sex in the mean time, and if there is a greater chance of bacterial infection at this point in the healing process.
Posted Thu, 6 Jun 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
Since you have a partial frenulum tear, indulging in sexual activities- even oral sex increases the chances of infection. Smoking also delays the healing process.
You can apply neosporin on the area twice daily after cleaning the area properly with XXXXXXX warm water.
Allow it to heal for at least one week. You can engage in oral sex after that.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Unprotected sex, tear on the foreskin, using neosporin. Is it safe to have oral sex? 5 minutes later
so with proper hygiene and applying neosporin before and after, would you strongly suggest that we not engage in any sexual activity? keep in mind that i am not concerned with STD infection as we have both been tested, i am just concerned with a general bacterial infection. i have heard that the human mouth contains bacteria, and i am wondering if my penis would be susceptible to any of these?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
The chances of getting an infection - bacterial from the oral cavity are present. Also, it can add to the injury thus delaying the healing. Even with proper care, it is best to avoid any such activity for a week.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.