Unprotected sex, taken Lo Ovral, negative pregnancy test. Periods affected?

I was beyond dumb and had unprotected sex. I took a pack of Lo/Oval as a form of emergency contraceptives. Then I did not wait for my period to come and started taking birth control pills. Will starting the pill effect when to expect my period? I am thinking that my period would normally be around now. I have taken several home pregnancy tests and they are negative. I have two other children and for both of them the home test did work. I have stressed myself out and just wondering any information regarding when you think I should expect my period would be appreciated.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 12 hours later
Hi friend,

If you have taken an emergency contraception within 2 hrs its likely to be 85% effective.
Since you are now on oral contraceptive pills it will mask the missing of periods, I mean you wouldn't know if you are overdue.

The best advise now is to stop the pills and wait for 3-5 days to see if the periods would return. If they do not, it would be better to do a pregnancy test again. If you get your next periods, you should start on regular contraception after examination by a local gynecologist.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.