Unprotected sex, pink eye, runny nose, fatigue, stomach pain. Worried about HIV.

General Surgeon
I had unprotected oral sex about a month ago. The guy said he was "clean"...whatever that means and he didn't ejaculate and it was about 5 minutes XXXXXXX ..a couple days later I had pink eye and a really bad runny nose/fatigue and a little achy. Since then I've had some stomach pain...nothing strong just a little, kinda chronic...I got checked for both gonorrhea and chlamydia 5 days after exposure and both came up negative. I'm super worried that I have HIV or something...I'm going to be tested at the 3 month marker...but I'd like some feedback if possible!
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 55 minutes later
Thanks for nice query.     
Unprotected sex always have chances getting some kind of infection either bacteria ,fungal candiasis or viral , more so in case of oral sex .

As normal bacterial and viral flora of mouth and genitalia are quite different and in oral sex genitalia flora gets mixed with mouth flora and germs even go down up to throat also.

Just saying one is clean does not convey or guarantee one is free from transmissible diseases or infection .

It is good sign you have tested negative for both gonorrhea and chlamydia 5 days after exposure .

The risk of HIV transmission from an infected partner through oral sex is much smaller than the risk of HIV transmission from anal or vaginal sex.

Measuring the exact risk of HIV transmission as a result of oral sex is very difficult.

Pink eye and a really bad runny nose/fatigue and a little achy can be due to some mild viral or bacterial infection transmitted during oral sex

Some stomach pain...nothing strong just a little, don`t suggest any significance .

But I will still suggest to go test to rule out HIV at regular interval as HIV has very variable and long incubation period .

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

“Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”.