Unprotected sex, penetration but no ejaculation. Possible pregnancy?

Question
I have a question regarding a possible pregnancy -- if possible, I would love some help!

About a week ago, I had unprotected sex for about five seconds. It was in the heat of the moment, my penis went inside my partner and I took it out almost immediately.

However, a few hours earlier that day, I had masturbated. The semen had surely dried, however I didn't really "clean" anything. Naturally, I haven't been able to stop thinking about this since, and would love to know what the chances are my partner might have gotten pregnant from the interaction?

Any help you can offer would mean the world. Thanks so much!
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

First of all just relax and calm down a bit.

I can appreciate your concern.

Please understand the any unprotected act definitely carries risk of pregnancy. Duration does not matter.

The pre cum, means the liquid that comes out before ejaculation, at times, contains sperms in them, can lead to pregnancy provided the other factors are favourable. Though you did not ejaculate inside pre cum must be there.

What I mean by favourable factors means, the day of cycle when you had sex, presence of ovum etc. As you should know the mid cycle are most fertile days. If you had this at the beginning of the cycle or end of cycle, then chances of pregnancy are less.

It is always advisable that you ask your partner to take emergency contraceptive pills, if you want to be 100% sure and have peace of mind.

Other wise, you need to wait till she gets her period.

In all of this luck plays a role also, there are instances of couple who kept on trying for years and do not get pregnant and at other end some couples get pregnancy with just one unprotected act.

Please avoid unprotected act in future.

I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up queries that you have.

In case you do not have follow up query, please accept the answer.

Dr.Pragnesh