Unprotected sex, ipill ECP, bleeding after 15 minutes. Chances of pregnancy ?

me and my would be had unprotected sex on the 3rd day of her periods, it was on 2nd may and her periods starts on 29th of april. then she took I-pill soon after sex. she starts bleeding after 15 min. and continues till 6th of may. now its 30th of may and till now she havent feel any abdominal pain, which she usually starts feeling 5-6 days before her periods. is there any changes of pregnancy. pls help... thanks
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 24 minutes later

Let me first explain you in brief about normal menstrual cycle of female, to make things easier for you to understand.

Normally in 28 days of cycle the ovulation taken place in middle of cycle on about 14th day. Days from 7th to 21th are considered fertile days of period and any act during this days can lead to pregnancy.

In your case you had relations on 3rd day of her cycle, so practically there are very low probabilities of pregnancy if her cycles are regular.

Apart from this, she had an I pill which is an emergency contraceptive pill with in 72 hours of the act, this pill is 85% effective when taken within 6 hrs of sexual intercourse.

In my opinion there is very low probability of pregnancy and as I pill causes menstrual irregularities like excessive bleeding. It would be better to wait for few more days that is till 6th XXXXXXX for periods. If still she doesn't get her periods then it would be better to get examined by a Gynecologist and also to get a home pregnancy test done.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for follow up.