Unprotected sex, do not want pregnancy. What should be the dosage for Mensovit?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
yesterday (24th may) i had sex with my girl friend. She is 28 yrs old. She had her periods some 10 days ago. We are afraid that she may get pregnant (not sure) . She is planning to take a birth control pill like Mensovit. She dosen't have any problem with periods. They are normal. Can you please suggest on this?
how many capsules and dosage?
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

Considering those dates, there is a possibility of pregnancy.

Since we don't know for sure about pregnancy, it is more advisable to take some morning after pill if the act was not more than 48 hours ago. So ask you pharmacist about this first.

Secondly, Mensovit is intended to regularize periods. This is not primarily an abortion pill. I would suggest taking it ONLY in consultation with her gynecologist after you tests for pregnancy. It is usually taken after you missed next period; the dosage depends on time when it is taken and the pills milligrams that are available in your place.

Since you are basically intending to avoid pregnancy, I think morning after pill or emergency contraceptive pills would be the choice.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Wish you good health.