Unprotected sex, delayed periods, stomach cramps, negative pregnancy tests. Chances of pregnancy ?

negative pregnancy test but feel pregnant
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later

You have provided with good information but I would like to know few more things as this would help me in suggesting you better.
Hence please answer the following:

1. When did you have periods last time?
2. What are the symptoms you are having?
3. Since when are you having these symptoms?
4. Do you have a history of unprotected intercourse during this cycle?
5. Did you use a morning sample for doing the pregnancy test? When did you do the test?

I will be able to answer your query more precisely only after getting the answers.

Awaiting your response.

Follow-up: Unprotected sex, delayed periods, stomach cramps, negative pregnancy tests. Chances of pregnancy ? 31 minutes later
My last period was sometime in May 2011, and I have unprotected Sex in XXXXXXX I had a very light period in early Aug which only lasted 5 days and was more like a light staining rather than a period. I done 4 tests and they all came back negative, but I done them all in the afternoon/evening. My symptons are cramps in my tummy, and I have feelings of like little pokes/flutters in my tummy, was feeling sick on and off and have gone off some foods, and have put weight on in recent weeks. Look forward to hearing from you..
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
You had your last normal periods in may 2011. Since your repeated pregnancy tests are coming negative most likely pregnancy is not a factor here. Having cramps in abdomen and flutters in tummy are more likely to be due to intestinal problems.
The other reasons of delayed periods may be hormonal imbalance, emotional upset, anxiety, stress, or other medical conditions that affect the ovaries, uterus, hypothalamus, or pituitary gland. Hypothyroidism, post pill amennorhea , polycystic ovarian syndrome or less frequently a pituitary tumor causing high prolactin levels or a hypothalamic disease are other causes that may be the cause here as pregnancy is ruled out.
Please visit your gynecologist to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case to find out the cause so that treatment can be given accordingly.
Wishing you an early recovery.