Unprotected sex before surgical abortion. Is it possible to ovulate immediately after abortion? Chances of pregnancy?

Hi I am a 20 year old female. I had a surgical abortion on Friday. The Tuesday before my boyfriend had unprotected sex twice. It was 3 days prior to the procedure. My questions are the following. 1-is it possible for me to get repregnant after the abortion from the sperm that was left 3 days prior to the surgical abortion? 2-is it even possible to ovulate within 2-4 days after a termination of pregnancy like that? Doesn't it take atleast 7-10dayside to release an egg? 3-do you think I'm just being extra paranoid and stressed and I am ok to forget about this? Thanks
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 40 minutes later

Thanks for your queries.

I think I have already answered your query.
But since you have posted it again let me assure you regarding the same.

Lets take it as per your questions:-
1.No it is not possible for you to get pregnant with the sperms from the intercourse which occurred 3 days before surgical abortion.
2. It is not possible to ovulate with in 4 days after terminaion of pregnancy;the reason is even in a normal cycle the ovulation takes place on around 14th day or more calculated from the first day of start of your menses
3.From 14th day that is when ovulation takes place you can get pregnant if you have unprotected sexual intercourse so as to avoid it, you should use protection
4. Yes you seem to be stressed so please relax and forget about this.

Please do not worry and rest assured that you will not get pregnant due to the sexual intercourse you had just 3 days before surgical abortion.

Hope I have answered your queries.
Please do write back if you have any other queries.