Unprotected sex before surgical abortion. Is it possible to ovulate immediately after abortion? Chances of pregnancy?

Hi I am a 20 year old female. I had a surgical abortion on Friday. The Tuesday before my boyfriend had unprotected sex twice. It was 3 days prior to the procedure. My questions are the following. 1-is it possible for me to get repregnant after the abortion from the sperm that was left 3 days prior to the surgical abortion? 2-is it even possible to ovulate within 2-4 days after a termination of pregnancy like that? Doesn't it take atleast 7-10dayside to release an egg? 3-do you think I'm just being extra paranoid and stressed and I am ok to forget about this? Thanks
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 44 minutes later

Thanks for your queries.

1. No it is not possible for you to get pregnant with the sperms from the intercourse which occurred 3 days before surgical abortion.

2. It ia not possible to ovulate with in 4 days after terminaion of pregnancy.

3. Ovulation that is release of egg occurs 14 days after surgical abortion or even more.

4. After the 14th day that is when ovulation takes place you can get pregnant so to avoid it you should use protection.

5. Yes you seem to be stressed so please relax and forget about this.

Hope I have answered your queries. Please do write back if you have further queries.