Unprotected sex after two days of periods. Took i-pill. Chances of pregnancy?

my last period was over on 14th Feb I had unprotected sex on 16th Feb and took Ipill after 55 hrs. is there any chance of getting pregnant?
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later

Your period was finished on 14th February and you were involved in unprotected sexual intercourse 2 days later. You wish to know if you have chances of pregnancy. I shall try giving you the necessary information.

The chances of conception are determined by the day of menstrual cycle. Unprotected intercourse during ovulation is more fruitful and results in pregnancy.
Since you took an I-pill 55 hours after the unprotected intercourse, the chances of protection against pregnancy are 58%. I-pill is a single dose tablet and its effectiveness varies according to the time after which one consumes it - It is not effective if taken 72 hours after unprotected sex; 95% effective within 24 hours of unprotected sex; 85% between 25 - 48 hours and 58% if taken between 49 - 72 hours.

I would be able to answer your query better if you could mention the day your period began, the length of menstrual cycle (number of days between 2 consecutive cycles) and if your periods are regular.

I will be in a better position to predict your chances of pregnancy based on your reply to my aforementioned questions.

Awaiting your reply

Dr. Rakhi Tayal