Unprotected sex after taking Unwanted 72. Health risks of the baby in case of pregnancy?

Question
After taking unwanted72 i got bleeding immidetalely nad lasted for about 12 days. After this i had unsafe sex is there a chance of me concieving.
If i concive then are there any chances of damge to the health to the babt
plz help
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 54 minutes later

It is unclear the exact time of unprotected sexual intercourse after taking Tablet Unwanted72.
There is always a chance of conceiving after having unprotected sexual intercourse if not within 3 days of taking this tablet.

It is wise to confirm whether you have conceived or not by performing a urine pregnancy test if you miss your next period. It is preferable to take an early morning sample for the same. The test should be done about 1 week after the date of the last missed period. If negative the test can be repeated three times every 72 hours.

There would be no harm to the baby since the Unwanted 72 was taken prior to the unprotected intercourse.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further follow up queries.

Follow-up: Unprotected sex after taking Unwanted 72. Health risks of the baby in case of pregnancy? 4 hours later
Thanks for response doctor
I had unprotected sex after the 14th day of pills(unwanted72) being taken.
My major concern was the problems which could have occured to the baby; which you have said there will not be any problem to the baby as the tablet being taken before unprotected sex.

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 15 hours later

Thanks for reverting.

Since you had unprotected intercourse 14 days after taking the pill (Unwanted 72), there is a possibility that you could have conceived. If you miss your next period, I would suggest that you get a urine pregnancy test done 1 week after the due date. The procedure and precautions for this have been explained in the earlier answer.

If you conceive, there will be no problem to the baby.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.