Unprotected sex a day after period ended, loette, levonorgestrel, ethinyl estradiol. Pregnant?

ENT Specialist
I had unprotected sex a day after her period ended, without ejaculating in her.
She has a cycle of approximately 29 days.
Also i urinated twice after my last ejaculation, preventing sperm in pre-cum. Then she started taking loette( levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol) tablets for 21 days within 72 hours.
What are the chances that she would get pregnant?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 54 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

Now let me tell you the concept of safe period, i will try to illustrate it with examples.

#Suppose the first day of menses in a particular month is 5. Add 14. U get 19. Starting from 19 add & subtract 5 each. U get 23 and 15.So the period from 15 to 23 is NOT SAFE. There are high chances of getting pregnant during this period.

# If u want 2 avoid pregnancy, don’t do penal sexual intercourse during this period UNLESS the female partner IS ON REGULAR PILLS.

#For the remaining period after the 6th day of menses till 14th, if 1 wants 2 avoid pregnancy, as a precaution use condom, pills. cream etc. though the chances of pregnancy are almost nil during this period. But it is guaranteed that from the first day to the 6tth or 7th day 1 can b 100 & safe without any preventive measures. During this period 1 can nicely enjoy without any fear.

Remember, 1 can definitely have sex during menses. There is no harm. If the male partner is having any inhibitions he can use a condom for the first 3/4 days.

In your case( I have gone through your history), there is absolutely no chances for getting her pregnant. So, dont worry.

Hope, it will help you and i am ready for future follow ups if any.

Follow-up: Unprotected sex a day after period ended, loette, levonorgestrel, ethinyl estradiol. Pregnant? 1 hour later
Thank you for the help,actually it was seventh day of her menstruation. And taking the above mentioned medicine wouldn't harm her and it is just for extra safety. Is it okay to take them?
Wont she have further complications in future because of this?
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 5 minutes later
Hi again,

Even if she will not take the medication, she will not conceive. and secondly there are no long term side effects of this combination except, vertigo and vomiting with severe nausea., and that too only for short period.

There is no point in taking extra precaution, as nothing will go wrong.

Dont be tensed, hope this will help you .

Follow-up: Unprotected sex a day after period ended, loette, levonorgestrel, ethinyl estradiol. Pregnant? 18 hours later
I have read on some blogs or webpages that there is actually no time when its safe to have unprotected sex. Some people have conceived even during their period.

So medication we are taking just as a precautionary method just to eradicate slightest possible chance...
Is it okay to be such overcautious?
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 2 hours later
Hi again,

Yes it is good to take precautions. The medications will definitely add to the precautions.

Thanks again and Regards.