Unprotected sex. Taking birth control but forgot that day. Is the birth control still active even missing the pill & chances of pregnancy?

I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on Sunday around 5pm. She has been taking birth control for 2 months. She told me that she forgot to take the pill sunday night, but she took a pill the night before. I did not ejaculate inside here, i pulled out. My question is, is the birth control hormone still active in her body even though she did not take the pill. (She did take a birth control pill on Monday). Does birth control only work for the day that she took it? How long does it take if she forgot to take a pill for the hormones to wear off? All im asking is what is the chances of her being pregnant? He last period was April 17th
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 42 minutes later
Your girl friend had her last period on 17th April. Having sex on sunday means day 12 of her cycle which is her fertile period. When she missed her pill on sunday she should have taken two pills on monday to remain protected. Hormonal pills do inhibit the ovulation by maintaining a high level of sex hormones. Missing a single dose decreases the protection but still she is more than 99% protected against pregnancy.
Since you have not ejaculated inside her, chances of pregnancy are even lower.
Please do not worry.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.