Unprotected sex. Taken Norlevo. Mestruation cycle changes due to morning after i pill?

do menstruation cycles change after morning after pill? my period comes every 35days: i got my period from the 29th of November till the 3rd of December, had unprotected sex on the 8th of december, i then took norlevo on the 9th. my period then came on the 14th of december. i had unsafe sex again on the 27th of december and no morning after pill. what are the chances of me being preggies
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 54 minutes later

Menstrual cycle pattern can change after morning after pill.

It is a hormonal pill and often cause erratic cycle pattern like in your case. Since your December cycle pattern was not a normal one, it is difficult to guess about your time of ovulation.

Hence the chances of conception are fair with your unprotected sexual act on 27 December. If you miss your cycle I suggest you to get a pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer any further queries that you may have. Please accept my answer if you do not have any further queries.

Best wishes
Follow-up: Unprotected sex. Taken Norlevo. Mestruation cycle changes due to morning after i pill? 25 minutes later
thank you very much doctor, just 1 more follow up question day 27 December was day 14 of my cycle since the 14th of December being my day 1 of my period...and because i have been on 35day cycle how high are the chances of me being pregnant. Just to also let you know before my miscarriage in July i was on a 32day cycle but the miscarriage changed my cycle to 35day, do you think the morning after pills could have reset my cycle back to normal? just to let you know i am hoping to be pregnant so i am bit anxious
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 16 hours later

You had intercourse in fertile period so chances of conception are fair. There is no percentage figure which I can give you but it has been observed that the normal percentage of conception in a single cycle is 18-20%.

Coming to your second question, morning after pill does not regularize or reset the menstrual cycle.

Best wishes
Follow-up: Unprotected sex. Taken Norlevo. Mestruation cycle changes due to morning after i pill? 7 hours later
Hi Doctor, i took ECP 1 week after my period, i wanted to find out what effect it had on my cycle? im asking this because i understand that the pills will have a different effect depending when you take them in the cycle. With my period coming again 7days after i took the ECP and some women not having the same result. Can you please advise?
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 23 minutes later

My advice for you is to read about emergency contraceptive pill pros and cons from patient information leaflet UK (United Kingdom). It is an information leaflet from Royal college of Obstetricians and Gynecologist and most importantly it is evidence based and available on internet as well.

Yes, emergency contraceptive pill has a varying effect on the menstrual cycle depending on when it is taken.

Best wishes.