Unprotected sex. Glans have been smooth. Now redder and less smooth. Are they STD like genital warts?

I want to know if this is a STD like genital warts or something else or just normal. I have only had one sexual partner but I don't know how many partners they had and we did not use protection. It has been over a year since I was last with them but this is something I just noticed within the past few months, so I'm not sure if it is an STD. My glans has never been entirely smooth, but lately it seems redder and less smooth than normal. I took some pictures to hopefully settle this so I won't be stressed out over it.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 6 hours later

Ive seen your images and gone through the history.

The penis and its head called glans penis is lined by few sebaceous glands normally.

They are called ectopic sebaceous glands.

Also at corona of glans penis there are few small bumps called as pearly penile papule.

These both structures pearly penile papule and ectopic sebaceous gland are present in your case.

These are absolutely normal do not signify any STD (Sexually transmitted disease) or any pathology.

I want reassure you that if you dont have any symptoms than nothing more needs to be done.

Hope Ive answered your query will be available for any follow up queries.

Dr Sudarshan