Unprotected intercourse, no periods, pregnancy test result negative, history of normal periods. Reason?

hi me and my boyfriend had sex on the 12th aug .We did not use a condom but he did not leak inside me.Normally i get my periods around 1st of every month.I havenot had my periods till now.But i also did pregnancy test 4 times it says negative.What can be the cause of my delayed period
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 15 minutes later

Since you had unprotected intercourse there is a chance of pregnancy in similar cases because there are little number of sperm present in precum. Since you had intercourse nearing ovulation(fertile days) then chances of conception were there. I think you are yet fortunate that the fertilization might not have happened (evident by your Urine pregnancy test yet). My possible reasons for missing the period is stress or anxiety over getting pregnant. This is a true reason for many women.

Having said so, Urine pregnancy tests can take time to give accurate results as they are callibrated ones and detect the hormone level in urine. Since initially the hormone level is low it can even take 15 to 20 days after a missed period date to give results.

Get a beta Blood HCG test done for pregnancy determination as it is a reliable test for pregnancy determination after 10 days of a missed period.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow up in case of doubt.