Unprotected intercourse, Urine HCG, bleeding, abdominal cramps. Pregnant?

Myself and my husband engaged in an unprotected intercourse on 22nd XXXXXXX I tested for Urine hCG using home pregnancy testing kit of sensitivity 25mlIU on 1st July and 4th July - both returned negative. Since a possible pregnancy is undesirable we are concerned. I am unable to provide the exact date of my last
menstrual period due to the following reason:

I had my normal period on 11th May. I took an Ipill (150mg, once) on 20th May after an unprotected intercourse. I experienced bleeding on 23rd May for 5 days. Further on 13th XXXXXXX I felt abdominal cramps but had no bleeding. Thinking that the LMP ocurred on 23rd XXXXXXX we thought it safe to have unprotected intercourse on 22nd XXXXXXX No pills were consumed after that. However I have not had periods since 22nd XXXXXXX Hence I am concerned about an undesired possible pregnancy.

Please advise if there is a possibility of being pregnant. If so what actions do I need to take?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 3 hours later

If you do not want to conceive, I-pill is not a good contraceptive. It is an emergency contraceptive with high doses of hormones and not to be used as a substitute of regular contraceptive.

After I-pill intake, subsequent cycle becomes irregular, heavy or light flow and it becomes difficult to predict when menses will occur.

Coming to your case, I would advise you to wait for one more week, if no menses then repeat urine pregnancy test. If the test is negative then please see a gynecologist to rule out the causes of the delayed menstruation and to be treated accordingly.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.