Unprotected anal sex, fever, weakness, nausea. STD or virus?

My girlfriend and I had uprotected anal sex last friday, saturday afternoon she came down with a fever which lasted until sunday. Since then each morning she has woken up feeling weak and this morning she had some nausea. The symptoms seem to dissapate as the day progresses but so far she wakes up the next morning and she's not feeling good again. I am getting concerned, could this just be a virus and should I be concerned its an STD I'm unaware of?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 23 minutes later

Sexually transmitted diseases usually have a longer incubation period and dont show symptoms so soon after exposure.Also in case of sexually transmitted diseases,local symptoms like lesion etc are the first to show.Systemic symptoms like fever and nausea are likely to be directly related to stds.

There could be another cause for that like infections.Fever usually means infection.She needs blood tests to co relate.Also a urine analysis.

I suggest you to take her to your nearest doctor who shall examine and put her on appropriate antibiotics if needed.