Uneasines and vomitting, no period after having sex. Had mensovit. Can it be pregnancy?

dr my girl friend was not gettng period after having sex since last 15days and we took pregncy text it was showing -ve and yestrday she had mensovit to get period but its not getting and she is feeling some kind of uneasines and vomitted. .please advice
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
You can be assured that pregnancy isn't a factor here.
You have done pregnancy test and it is negative.
The other reasons of delayed periods may be hormonal imbalance, emotional upset, anxiety, stress, or other medical conditions that affect the ovaries, uterus, hypothalamus, or pituitary gland. Hypothyroidism, polycystic ovarian syndrome or less frequently a pituitary tumor causing high prolactin levels or a hypothalamic disease are other causes that may be the cause here as pregnancy is ruled out.
Please visit a gynecologist to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in this case to find out the cause so that treatment can be given accordingly.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Uneasines and vomitting, no period after having sex. Had mensovit. Can it be pregnancy? 6 hours later
Hi Dr, yestrday night she cudnt sleep due to back pain and un easiness.We are very much worried please advice what to do now,is it because of mensovit??and how long it will take..
Thanks for writing again.
The pain in the back could be due to her impending periods. You can wait for 3-4 days more and if the periods do not start then consult a gynecologist to get hormonal tablets prescribed.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.