Undiagnosed immune and neurological disorder, neutropenia, stable white count, want to take Botox injection in feet. Effect on immune system?

My 9 year old daughter has had an undiagnosed immune and neurological disorder since the age of 2. She has neutrapenia, but has had a very stable white count for the last year. We are interested in getting Botox injections into her feet and ankles due to severe tightness and tone. However, I am very concerned about how that may effect her immune system. I know they say Botox is safe, but does it cause your white count any extra stress? Whenever my daughter's white count and anc bottom out it has usually been after a cold or other illness.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 31 minutes later

Botox is usually contraindicated in case of neurological and immunological disorders. It causes formation of cross reacting antibodies leading to worsening of immunological disorder.

However, recent study has shown that it doesnt have any effect on white count.

I would suggest you to discuss these issues with your treating doctor.

I hope this answers your query.

I will be available for the follow up queries if any.