Undescended testis, done through surgery, lack of sperm count in semen. Azoospermia treatable ?

Question
Dear Sir
My testis are undisended after 25 years and no count sperm in semens.
Now we would like to grow my XXXXXXX testis. It is possible.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Follow-up: Undescended testis, done through surgery, lack of sperm count in semen. Azoospermia treatable ? 8 minutes later
Any other activity are ok like normal men, but not only sperm counting.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 29 minutes later

Undescended testis is a congenital problem. Surgery is usually the treatment. It is usually done during childhood.

Fertility is often associated undescended testis. Since you are currently 39 years of age and you haven't yet been operated upon, the chances of having a normal testis now are low. It would be difficult to say that testicular functions will improve with correction of undescended testis.

Nevertheless, I suggest you to consult a competitive urosurgeon for evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow ups should you have any clarifications.

Follow-up: Undescended testis, done through surgery, lack of sperm count in semen. Azoospermia treatable ? 29 hours later
Please note that testicle disended by surgery 25 year ago. Please advise
it is possible to fertile for sperm.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later

Thanks for writing back.

If your current semen analysis says that sperm count is nil or azoospermia then its not very likely that sperm count will improve. But any blockage in the duct should be ruled out as that could also be a cause for nil sperm count.
There are tests that can be done to rule out any block in the semen ducts.You can consult a surgeon for the same.If thats normal,and no blockage is seen,then its unlikely that sperm count will improve.

Wish you good health.