Underwent vasovasostamy. Semen analysis showed 10 sperm concetration and markedly oligospermia, no sperm motility. Operation successful?

Sir I was underwent vasovasostamy last 4 months back, today I given semen for analysis" in that test shows" total sperm concetration is 10 and markedly oligospermia, extreme low quality, no sperm motility" please give suggestion whether my operation success or not

Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 26 minutes later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Vasectomy is successful in 99% of men.

After vasectomy a man needs to ejaculate at least 20 times to clear the ducts of sperm before a follow up semen analysis is done.

A male is consider infertile after vasectomy if there are no motile or moving sperm present and less than 10 000 sperm per ml of semen.

Your result indicates that your count is 10 which is a lot below the 10 000 and there are no moving or motile sperm. Oligospermia means that there is a lack of sperm.
Based on this, you can say that your surgery was a success.

Your doctor will likely send you a confirmatory letter.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions