Underwent laproscopy for fibriods and cyst. Took fertyl and Gudova but did not conceive. Suggested injection during ovulation

Infertility Specialist
Question
Hi Doctor,
I underwent a grade 2 laproscopy for fibriods and chocolate cyst on 16th January, 2013. For three month I was on rest and Doctor suggested not to have any relations.
Later to it from April, 2013 the doctor suggested to start having relations. For the month of May till August, 2013 (four months), I took T Fertyl 100mg for 5 days from the third day of the period. In Spetember, 2013 the doctor prescribed Gudova 100mg. But we had no luck. For two months July and August, the doctor prescribed some injection when I had ovulation studies and egg ruptured.

Can you please guide me on further treatment as mu doctor says all my reports are fine?

XXXXX
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Superovulation with IUI.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome to XXXXXXX
You need treatment to increase fertility of both husband & wife in the form of superovulation with IUI.
Superovulation means stimulation of ovaries either with tablets(which you had already taken) &/or injections to make more than two follicles. Superovulation with injections is costly but gives better chance of pregnancy. You receive injections from second or third day of menses for superovulation.
In IUI husband's semen is processed & best quailiy motile sperms are injected directly in uterus to increase chance of pregnancy.
One cycle of superovulation with IUI gives 15-20% chance of pregnancy.
In your case going for active treatment is necessary because chocolate cyst/endometriosis can recur any time & reduce fertility.
Let me know if you have other queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Underwent laproscopy for fibriods and cyst. Took fertyl and Gudova but did not conceive. Suggested injection during ovulation 13 minutes later
How much does this superovulation cost me approximately?
As per your suggestion should I immediately go in this treatment or have a chance to try my luck for some more months?

Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cost variable.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
The cost of injections depends on the dose needed & brand of chosen injection. Approximately it can cost between 0000-0000 rupees.
Its better to go for treatment immediately before endometriosis recurs.
Regards.

Follow-up: Underwent laproscopy for fibriods and cyst. Took fertyl and Gudova but did not conceive. Suggested injection during ovulation 20 minutes later
Thank you Doctor.

Your advise is helpful.
Can you please advise any doctor or speciality centre in Navi Mumbai? Or you advise to continue with the same doctor who is treating me?

Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult infertility specialist.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome back.

I am very sorry but I don't know personally any doctor or center in your locality.

You can consult any infertility specialist who has expertise in handling IVF cases as those doctors can generally handle superovulation well. OR you can consult a specialist in IVF center.

Alternatively, there are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at this link

WWW.WWWW.WW
Regards.