Underwent four artery CABG surgery. Left circumflex artery was blocked. Weak and stressed. What would you recommend?

I underwent 4 artery CABG surgery in Aug. 2010. all seemed well but now, 3 years later my left circumflex artery is 100% blocked both above & below where the graft connects to the original artery. Decision is to treat me medical y & watch.
I am weak, tired & using nitro patch & sub ling spray. I would like a 2nd opinion. Age 71...diabetic, male no smoking
but stressed. Thanks........ XXXXXXX XXXX, Canada.
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Bypass is better...

Detailed Answer:
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You are just 70 plus…
With a history of unstable angina a few months before / 100 % block beyond the graft / on a setting of Diabetes – the best option is to go for a CABG (Bypass) again.
In the meantime, aggressive investigation and management of risk factors is important…

Nitro and metoprolol are appropriate.
You must be taking aspirin / and clopidogrel too…
As also statins…

TMT (Treadmill Exercise ECG) with thallium isotope is an ideal non-invasive way to evaluate ischemia / to assess the PHYSIOLOGY (function) – to see whether the blood arriving at the heart muscle. / and can enhance the decision making process..

The treating doctor alone can suggest further based on his assessment of the situation.

Wishing all well
God bless
Good luck