Underwent fistulectomy surgery. Felt cut on anus. Noticed pus in stool. Is this incontinence?

General Surgeon
it been exactly two months since I under went fictulectomy surgery. The wound has healed upto just before anus but I still feel a cut connecting to anus. I find little amount of pus on the gause with a little stool specillay after passing stool and thoroughly cleaning the . When I didnt put the gauze after passing the stool can cleaning the area, I feel irritation after 15 to 30 minutes and when I re-visit toiled I find little stool in that area causing irritation. Is this incontinence or it will ne ok once the wound is completely healed?
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

This is not an incontinence. Most likely you do suffer from wound in the rectal area. Fistula treatment is sometimes very long process. Moreover, your fistula could not get healed property and it is still open. Pus presence would confirm it.
If you are sure that this is just a wound, only time will heal it. However if you are not sure, you should visit your surgeon and have it checked as fistula can be still there.
For better wound healing you should wash your rectum after every stool, keep it clean and dry. Sitz baths with Quercus Cortex twice a day can be also very helpful.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.