Ask a Urologist   »  

Underwent an appendix operation, have gas pain. Can I have wine?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi! DOctors!!! I had a appendix surgery 2 weeks ago. I am 19.. I am having gas pain.. I want to know If i can have wine
sometimes I have severe pain around my butt.. even i was going to fainted..Is it really gas pain?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Severe momentary abdominal pain is usually colicky in nature and can happen due to many reasons. You can try having an over the counter available anti spasmodic at your nearest pharmacy for relief. Taking wine is not likely to help with your pain. It can rather aggravate your gastric acidity if taken on an empty stomach.
If the pain is not relieved with an anti spasmodic then you should consult your physician for a proper examination to find out the cause.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.