Underwent PTCA with stenting, on plagerin and Tonact. Can Vitamin K2 recommended for heart health?

I am a male , 43 yrs, and underwent PTCA wiht stenting 6 yrs back.
Taking since 6 yrs plagerin A 150 mg and Tonact, as regular course.No BP/Sugar compliant.
I have come across recent strudies and reserch relating to the benefit of Vit K2 being more freindly for heart health, rather this is believed to reverse the artery disease. ( e.g japanese natto food)
Would you recommned me taking Vit K2 supplement for the heart health?
Please advsie the supplemnt is this can be consumed.
Is priscription of Vit K2 prevalent in INdia for heart patients??
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please see details

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir
1. There is some literature supporting the usefulness of vitamin K2 in cardiovascular diseases. It claims that this particular form of vitamin K2 is necessary for normal function of blood vessels of heart and it prevents their calcification. However has not being recommended by our governing bodies, which regulate the practice of cardiology (American college of cardiology, European society of cardiology & others).
2. In fact on 26th April 2012, European food safety authority, in one of its orders on specific issue of vitamin K2 and heart, clearly said that it is not convinced that Vitamin K2 has beneficial effect on heart.
3. To the best of my knowledge it's prescription is not prevalent in Indian cardiology fraternity.
4. I do not recommend this nutraceutical to my patients as yet.
5. Actually none of the vitamins has found any favor for prevention of cardiovascular diseases by international community.
Hope this helps.