Underwent MRgFUS, fever, pain in tailbone, breathlessness and increased heart rate. Given crocin. Dengue and malaria test negative

Hello. My wife underwent MRgFUS over a month back. She has been complaining of low fever, pain in the tailbone, breathlessness and increased heart rate since then. Yesterday, @ 9pm (it is 10pm now) she started shivering violently and fever started. First measurement was 99.9 which increased to 102.3. First I gave her combiflam and then Crocin 650. This brought the fever down to 100.1 At 5am today, fever again increased so I gave another Crocin 650 tablet. At night, she had bowel movement with lot of gas. At 1:30 pm today, fever increased to 102.5 to which another Crocin 650 was given. Fever subsides everytime the tablet is given in 15-30 mins. Afternoon, she is has been sleeping with Fan and Aircon On. Evening she had a lot of perspiration. She had Egg, Toast and Milk in morning. Chicken soup in afternoon and some wheat rotis and lentils now in night. Fever is increasing again. She has not had shivering after last night. I'm attaching the blood test report. Dengue NS1 Antigen and Malarial parasite reports are negative.
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pelvic infection or degeneration of fibroids

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

After analyzing your query I feel your wife could be having pelvic infection or there could be degeneration of fibroid due to MRgFUS, some of the patients usually present with such symptoms. And treatment is empirical antibiotics for 6-7 days and along with that symptomatic treatment for fever and body pain.

All your blood investigations are normal, except for high WBC count, which tells that there is a source of infection which needs to be addressed.

She can continue taking paracetamol for fever. Kindly consult your treating physician for antibiotic treatment plan.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.

Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile