Underwent IUI, taken Fertomid, Progynova and Duphaston. When can I check if I am pregnant?

May 2013
I am 30 years old , Height is 5'7 and weight is 95 kgs. I am underwent an IUI because my husband had low rapid mobility sperm count. I was given a fertomid on 3rd Day to 5th Day after menses. I ovulated on Day 20 with 9 endo and 20 mm follicle. I was also given progynova for increasing endometrium size. On 20th Day and IUI was done and I was given duphastone for 10 days. When can I check if I am pregnant and what are the chances?
Posted Sat, 22 Sep 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 46 minutes later

as you ovulated and underwent IUI on 20th day, better to go for pregnancy test after 2 weeks of IUI, prefer blood test which can give early accurate result,
urine test can also be done but sometimes there is possibility for false positives.
as you under went IUI after taking ovulation induction drugs, and drugs to improve the chance of implantation etc the chances of success should be high, but usually the success rate depends on many factors like sperm count used, number of times performed, gap between procedures, institute etc, usually the average success rate is said to be around 30% according to few available studies.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.