Underwent CABG. Started developing rashes on back and stomach. Not cured by steroid. Any suggestion?

My dad underwent CABG on 5th July 2012. He was recovering fine till 11th when he suddenly started developing rashes that started from his back and then extended to his stomach, arms and legs. He has been on steroid pills as well as steroid lotion for last 5 days. However there has not been any significant improvement. Any guidance on what we should do next ?
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 2 hours later
I would be pleased to answer your question.
If the steroid pills and the lotions have not made any difference , there is a high possibility that it could be due to virus , drug. It can be something we call Pityriasis rosea .
It results in the rash spreading the way you have described it .
There is no cure for it and it is a self resolving condition .
I would suggest that you should get the area examined by the Dermatologist and rule out other condition like guttate Psoriasis , Lichenoid eruptions.
Thanks and take care