Underweight and have swelling on neck. Blood test for thyroid function done. What are the findings?

Hello Doctor,
I am a woman of 38 years who is extremely underweight (Weight 35 Kgs, Height 5'3") married for 13 years now and never conceived. Last month I had a swelling on the neck and the doctor advised a Blood test for Thyroid Function and further Abdominal and Thyroid Scans. The reports and Photos are attached for your reference. I would like to know what exactly is the problem what is the further course of action. The swelling on the neck is still present. Otherwise I have no health problems.
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Anantharaman 9 hours later
Thanks for writing into healthcare magic.I have reviewed your reports in do have a multinodular goiter and low TSH suggestive of subclinical hyperthyroidism.To confirm this a 99mTechnetium scan can be done.Also an ultrasound guided FNAC of a few nodules which are suspicious is required.If the technetium scan finds a hyperfunctioning gland then surgical removal /131I therapy will improve your condition.please consult your endocrinologist for further action.please do write back for any clarifications
Follow-up: Underweight and have swelling on neck. Blood test for thyroid function done. What are the findings? 12 hours later
Hello Doctor,
Thank you for your reply. I would like to know about the 99m Technetium Scan. Since I am planning to go to Bangalore for 10 days from Feb 11 to Feb 21st I would like to know if you are available for Clinical consulting. And will this test cause any restriction for travel. Also about FNAC whether it will require any rest after the test. In case you are available for consulting please let me know the location of your Clinic and contact number.
Answered by Dr. Anantharaman 2 days later
Im available for consultations in the evening at #19,6thmain,2nd cross BTM 2nd stage,my clinic. you can call me and fix an appointment. 99mTc scan is a half hour procedure and there are no restrictions after it is done.only you should not be pregnant. FNAC is a 5 min office procedure you should be able to resume your normal activities soon after it is done