Underweight. Little deficiency in iron. Prescribed Ostocalcium. Worried about weight?

hi, my 11 month old son weighs only 7.54 Kg. His weight at the time of birth was 2.5 kg. Is he underweight? I should also mention that he is otherwise very active. But he is a small eater. Among fruits he is having banana and pomegranate juice. Besides cerelac and Nan 2 he is having rice, dal and vegetables (carrot, beans, potato). He is not having breast feed. His doctor said that since he seems to be little deficiency in iron, he has prescribed i-up (1 ml twice daily) and D-up (1 ml once daily). Recently he prescribed Ostocalcium also. My son hasnt got his teeth yet. 3 times he his having solid food and 3 times milk (average 6 ounce each time). I am little worried about his weight. Please let me know what changes should I make in his diet so that he gains weight.

Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern but there is nothing to worry.

As a general rule weight doubles by 5months of age and triples by 1year of age.

Since his birth weight was 2.5 so his weight presently is appropriate.

I must congratulate you on the way you are feeding your child.
You are already doing great job, continue with it.

Regarding dentition there is nothing to worry.Every child is different,some have late dentition .

Continue giving iron and calcium supplement as suggested by your doctor .

Hope I have answered your query,if you have any further question I would be glad to help.

Wishing your baby good health.

God bless...