Undergone ultrasound few days after menstruation cycle. What are the findings?

Excellent
Question
Today (11th day in menstruation cycle) we went to scan. We want to know what they will scan. We got a data like Endomet 5.2 , Right Ovarin : 1.4*1.4, 1.2*1.3
Left Ovarin : 1.2*1.2, 1.2*1.1, 1.1 *1.2
What it means? They asked us come again on 13th day for scan.
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
The report you have mentioned is a follicular study report.
This indicates an endometrial thickness- 5.2 MM.
The right ovary shows two developing follicles and the left ovary is showing three developing follicles. The serial ultrasound scans are done on alternate days to detect the maturation of follicles and the ovulation so the relations can be planned for a successful conception. It is best to have intercourse near the time of ovulation for a conception to occur.
Your gynecologist will guide you regarding the best time for intercourse based on the report.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Undergone ultrasound few days after menstruation cycle. What are the findings? 11 hours later
thanks for your answer. Any guesses When should we do our intercourse? We started doing intercourse from 9th day of menstruation cycle. Shall we stop that now and wait for Ovulation period? I felt, it will increase the number of healthy sperms, if we stop that now. What is your suggestion ? How frequently we should do intercourse during ovulation time? Is one time intercourse during ovulation is enough for conception? Most of the time after our intercourse, sperms coming out from vegina. Will it be a problem? Please advice.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 43 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Since right ovary has a 12mm follicle, it is likely to mature by day 14-16. You can have intercourse daily on these three days. You can avoid having intercourse before that to have better sperm count. Frequent ejaculations do affect the sperm count.
The best time for intercourse is as soon as the follicle ruptures or if it reaches at the size of 16-18 MM.
If the semen comes out of the vagina, it should not affect your chances of conception. Still you can use a pillow under you and remain lying in the position for at least half an hour after the intercourse.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.

Follow-up: Undergone ultrasound few days after menstruation cycle. What are the findings? 38 hours later
Thanks for the detailed answer Doctor.
Today I went for 13th dayscan. Readings are below
13th day :
Endoment : 7.8
Right Ovarian:1.6*1.8 and 1.3*1.3
Left Ovarian:1.4*1.5, 1.4*1.5 and 1.2*1.2. Our consultant advised me to come on 15th day. As per your answer and the recent result, we believe the right ovarian will get matured.
What do you think about the progress compare to 11th and 13th day scan? Is it going in right direction? Will the 15th day scan shows good result?
Will it be a problem if endoment crossed the actual 8mm? What is the optimum size of the endoment thickness for coception?

What is the optimum size for folicule to get the conception?

Depends on the current measurement, what is your suggestion to start my intercourse? Shall we start that from tommorrow(14th day). Please advice.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

The dominant follicle in the right ovary is growing well and is likely to rupture by day 15. You can start having intercourse from day 14 till day 16.

Endometrial thickness grows to 12 - 16 mm thickness for conception and implantation.
A follicle ruptures at 18mm-20mm size to release an egg.

Your follicles are growing in right direction and the report is normal.

You can consult me again directly through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

I wish you the very best in whatever you do.

Best regards,

Follow-up: Undergone ultrasound few days after menstruation cycle. What are the findings? 2 days later
Thanks Doctor. I'm very happy to contact with the subject expert like you. Your answers were simply amazing and I want to continue to consult with you from Chennai. As I informed earlier, I went for 15th day Scan. Please find the scan details.
15th Day:
Endomet : 7.8
Right Ovarian: 1.9*2.1 and 1.6*1.6
Left Ovarian: 1.3*1.5, 1.4*1.6 and 1.7*1.7. Our consultant told growth of egg is in good manner. They suggested injection for quick rupture of egg - PubergenJo 7500 IU (- Chorionic Gonadotrophin For Injection IP). I took that as well. As per your advice, we started intercourse on 14th day(once), 15th day we went for scan. Will the scan affected the sperms inserted previous day? 15th day night we had intercourse, 16th morning we had intercourse one more time. We are very curious to know, Will I Conceive this time? Tonight(16th day) we will do intercourse. I want to continue for 17th and 18th day as well. Our consultant asked us to come on 19th. Will they able to confirm the conception on 19th day? What could I expect on 19th day? Do you have any suggestion to get confirm conception? Will increase frequency of intercourse help us? How to confirm the earlier pregnancy? Thanks in advance.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 hours later
Repeated ejaculations do decrease the sperm count but these do not affect the sperm count considerably so as to affect the chances of conception.
Conception is likely in this cycle. But you must know that even if a healthy follicle is formed, still the chances of conception cannot be predicted beforehand.
On 19th day, if the follicle is found ruptured then it is indicative of a release of the egg.

Conception cannot be confirmed earlier than 10 days after the ovulation. So, you will have to wait for your periods to be overdue to know about conception. This can be confirmed by blood test- Serum HCG titres.

The frequency of intercourse of more than twice a day will not help you.
Just wait and keep your fingers crossed.

Follow-up: Undergone ultrasound few days after menstruation cycle. What are the findings? 4 days later
I went for the 19th day scan. The 19th day scan report says 2 eggs got ruptured. We had intercourse on 14,15,16(2 times) and 18th days. I felt severe pain on 17th and 18th. My consultant told it was due to egg rupture. This was very first time I felt that much pain in lower abdomen. I'm sure it is not easy to predict now. But based on your experience in the field, please let us know.
How about my chances of conception?
Considering the intercourse frequency and time of our intercourse, how much percentage of chances are there for me to get conceive?

My consultant advised to take Gestone 200mg (20 tablets 1-0-1). I am taking it regularly now.
What is the important of that tablet?
Myconsultant asked me to come on 3rd if I get periods or 17th day if you don't get period? My hubby is saying like we will get twins. I'm little afraid, if i miss this time.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later

Based on the findings, you have a good chance of conception. The exact percentage of chances is difficult to predict.

Tablet Gestone is natural micronised progesterone and helps in supplementing the placental function and its attachment to the uterus. You can continue with this tablet as advised by your gynecologist.
Please do not worry and wait for your period to be overdue.

Follow-up: Undergone ultrasound few days after menstruation cycle. What are the findings? 1 hour later
Thanks Doctor. From Yesterday (21 th day), I'm feeling pain in lower abdomen as I felt during my periods. What could be the reason?

I need to travel in train today (22nd day). I'm moving to my native. Running time will be 11hrs in train.

From Monday(24th day) onwards I have to go to my office. Till now I took leave. But I could not extend the leave. I have to travel 1 hr in the morning and same time in the evening to reach office by Bus. Will the travel affect our conception? Do I need to avoid travel?

Any suggestion on diet for next 1-2 weeks. Nowadays I started taking XXXXXXX and Pomegranite juices. Avoided coffee.

Is there any other way to improve the chances of conception? Please suggest

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
The mild pain in lower abdomen could be due to mild uterine cramps or intestinal cramps. These can be taken care of with adequate fluid intake and resting.
It is best to reduce your travelling to bare minimum. Taking rest is advisable during this time.
You can also start with folic acid supplements after consulting with your gynecologist.
The chances of conception cannot be improved with medicines or dietary changes now.
In the meantime, follow some lifestyle modifications, which will help you.

1.) Eat fiber XXXXXXX fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables and avoid foods, which are not easily digestible and fatty foods
2.) Have six small meals instead of 3 large meals
3.) Drink plenty of fluids
4.) Go for regular walks for 30 to 40 minutes daily.
Regards.