Undergone surgery for removal of cyst in upper neck. Light headed and feeling heart beat most of the time. Suggest cure

I am 62.I had surgery to remove a cyst in a disk in my upper neck.The surgery went fine and I am pain free. the operation was Aug.21. I have been having problems with lightheaded,stamina,and I can hear or feel my pulse or heartbeat most of the time. I am pretty weak compared to pre op.Any help would be apprecated.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Blood loss, x ray , ECG, cardiac ultrasound,

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

It is important to know if you had the lose a lot of blood during the surgery. Excessive blood loss could explain weakness after the surgery. Another cause is the main drugs you were prescribed after surgery. It is not rare to find out that some patients might not support so well certain drugs.

It is very possible that the feeling you are experiencing might really not have much to do with the surgery. A complete clinical evaluation might be necessary to appropriately search for the other possible causes of these symptoms. A chest X XXXXXXX , ECG and cardiac ultrasound shall be sufficient.

It is important to know how your diet is. If you are not feeding appropriately, it might necessary to review feeding patterns. A balanced diet XXXXXXX in vegetables and fruits is advisable.

In case all these tests are ok, there is a likelihood that you might only experiencing these because you are worried of you do think so much either about your health, or some other condition or situation that might be disturbing you.

I strongly suggest a proper review from your doctor. In case you have any specific concerns, please feel free asking follow up questions.Kind regards as I wish you the best of health.

Dr Bain