Undergone operation in leg, now feel no strength. What calcium tablet to take?

i undergone one operation in my left leg , now i feel i am not strong , i need to take calcium tablet , which tablet i need to take ?
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Usually low calcium is not seen in an adult male. Thus I will recommend that you should first get serum Calcium levels checked in blood along with Vitamin D and vitamin B12 levels. Since excessive calcium may have side effects like stone formation etc, you should take calcium for short duration only, just to tide over the stress-period. For short duration, you can take Syrup Osteocalcium B12 1 tbsp BD for one month. Hope it helps Dr Vaishalee