Undergone insertion after long periods of pain and bleeding. Report shows bulky uterus with adenomyosis. Suggest?

Infertility Specialist
My wife has undergone XXXXXXX insertion after long periods of pain bleeding.Now her usg report is as under :- please advice
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
repeat scan

Detailed Answer:
Hi, the scan does not appear convincing as it does not say where has it displaced to and moved. I suggest you visit gynecologist who inserted it and request for re-examining and scan. They can predict accurately. If it is recently inserted, gynecologist will give medicines to control bleeding. Second part of report says adenomyosis which is not related to this bleeding and is a chronic condition. I hope I answered your query. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Undergone insertion after long periods of pain and bleeding. Report shows bulky uterus with adenomyosis. Suggest? 31 minutes later
Thanks for your answer Dr XXXXXXX

May i know what to be done in case of Adenomyosis which as per you is a cronic condition and the last part what is adherent overies pls?

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
not curable

Detailed Answer:
Hi, adenomyosis occurs due to collection of blood in the walls of womb during menses for long years. This generally leads to painful menses. There are few medicines available which prevent further progression of disease. But it is not possible to cure it. If its very painful and you have completed family, i suggest hysterectomy that iz removal of womb. Ovaries become attached to other organs or to each other especially after some past surgeris which is called adhesion of ovaries and it is difftto separatethem by surgery as they may again get adherent.. I hope your doubts are cleared. Regards