Undergone chemo and radiation for lymphoma. Planning for breast reduction. Any affect on immune system?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I had NHlymphoma in 2009. Had chemo
And radiation through 2009 and have been in remission since. I'd like to have a breast reduction but want to confirm it won't be a stress to my immune system
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 29 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your querry.
Honestly, it will be stress for immune system, but minor one. If you think that it could provoke lymphoma relapse, this possibility is negligible. So you have definitely no reason to be concerned.
Just need to back to your regular diet as soon as possible after surgery. Take vitamins or similar supplements for immunity few days before surgery and during the recovery time. Probably your blood tests will be done ,and any abnormality can be treated.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. WIsh you good health.