Undergone cesarean operation. Why is there still bleeding? What to do?

My wife has undergone cesarean operation three and half months ago, she is still facing bleeding problem, it was stopped for only one week time (15 days ago) in this 3.5 months period, still she is facing the problem, please advise?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 4 hours later

Thanks for writing to us

I would like to know the amount of bleeding per day and whether she is having spotting or fresh bleeding.

This type of bleeding can be due to any retained piece of placental membrane inside the uterine cavity.
Get her haemoglobin and ultrasound done under the guidance of her treating doctors.

If anaemic, give iron supplements with healthy, iron XXXXXXX diet.

It is better to visit her operating doctor for careful examination / evaluation and rule out the above mentioned possibility.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any other queries.

I wish her healthy and speedy recovery.

Best wishes
Follow-up: Undergone cesarean operation. Why is there still bleeding? What to do? 18 hours later
She is changing two pads a day, normal, fresh bleeding for contiuous 7 days then spotting (in black colour a little bit only ) for 3 days like that.

Thank you very much for your advise. We have understood the possible causes.
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 5 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

I would also like to know about whether an ultrasound of the pelvic region has been done for her. This would be required and if you would be kind enough to share the reports with me, using the "Upload your reports" section on the right.
Wishing her speedy recovery