Undergone bypass surgery. Sex life is bad and erection is normal. Suggest the treatment?

I had bypass surgery 3years ago and my blood pressure now 110/80 to 130/90. My sex life is realy very bad. My erection is normal but ejection fast in 1 minute?
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 1 hour later
Thank you for the query.

I must tell that there is no relation between bypass surgery and early ejaculation but the reason for this might be anxiety which may be due to any reason that gives anxiety to you. In your case it may be the anxiety of myocardial infarction following sexual activity that may be causing the symptoms.

For this the couple usually seek advice from a psychologist for counselling. There are some techniques which will help you to delay your ejaculation like squeeze-pause technique. Desensitizing creams and medicines may also be helpful.

Hope this information answers your query. Follow-up questions are always welcome.

Follow-up: Undergone bypass surgery. Sex life is bad and erection is normal. Suggest the treatment? 8 days later
Hi Dr, Kindly advise if there any medicines that can be taken for me?
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 2 hours later

As I have mentioned in the previous answer there sexual therapy and sqeeze-pause technique will give you good results and along with that certain antidepressants like sertraline, floxetine and anesthetic creams are used to treat premature ejaculation.

You need to take those drugs everyday to prevent premature ejaculation and it may take up to 10 days to show its effect. Antidepressants will have side effects in so many so just consult your doctor and ask about the risks and benefits.

Thank you.