Undergone C -section. Got period and had unprotected intercourse. Worried for pregnancy

I had my c section on feb 26
I had seen spots on 41 day after c section. And it becomes heavier on 44 day and last for three days. On 59 th had an intercourse. No safe precautions taken. Now I had doubt whether I should get pregnant again. I don't wont to get pregnant very early again. What should I want to do. Does taking medicines to abort will affect breast feeding my kid kindly suggest me the right choice
Thank you XXXXXX
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
It seems that you had a normal period on 41st day after C -section.
Usually pregnancy is not likely until 90 days after the delivery even if you are having regular periods.
Taking the pills for abortion is not recommended before the confirmation of pregnancy.
Since you had an unprotected intercourse on the 59th day, it is best to wait till 75th day and then test your urine for pregnancy. To be sure, you can get your serum beta HCG levels estimated.
In case the test comes positive then it is best to go for a surgical abortion - D&C as taking the medicines for abortion is not recommended during breast feeding.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Undergone C -section. Got period and had unprotected intercourse. Worried for pregnancy 18 minutes later
Thanks for your immediate reply doctor
My stomach look like 4 month pregnant after c section. Can I do small exercises
Walking staircase climbing like that. Is it ok to have tropical fruits like pappaya pineapple at this stage or whether I want to avoid that. Is there any chance of getting pregnant with single intercourse after c section?
Thanks for writing again.
The distension of the abdomen after pregnancy is commonly seen due to lax abdominal muscles. You can start with mild exercise to regain the tone of your abdominal muscles.
You can also take fruits healthy for a breast feeding mother. Have a protein XXXXXXX and calcium XXXXXXX food for an early recovery.
Single intercourse can cause a pregnancy but it is less likely during the first 90 days after delivery. You need to confirm the pregnancy with tests before planning for any next step.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.