Ask a Dentist   »  

Undergoing periodontal cleaning. Started pain, low grade fever and fatigued. Is it due to bacterial infection?

I am having a periodontal cleaning undergoing. After a couple of days from the first cleaning my gums started paining due to infection and I I felt low grade fever and fatigue. I was given antibiotic(pencilin), the feverish feeling may have reduced but still the fatigue remains . There is somewhat a head heavy feeling.. Is due to something else other than the bacterial infection?
Posted Thu, 9 Aug 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
The feeling of fatigue is commonly associated with infections due to a weakness in the immune system. This is likely to subside in next two weeks.
I recommend you to have echinacea tea and drink 3 cups of this per day to support your immune system.

Stick to bland foods and mouthwash without alcohol to minimize symptoms. Vitamin B-Complex supplements, electrolyte XXXXXXX fluids and plenty of fluids orally also help in faster recovery.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.