Undergoing follicular study. Advised to have intercourse. Is it safe to apply lubrications?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
My wife is undergoing follicular study and have completed 3 of the 5 sittings. Doctor has advised to have intercourse on alternate days. Since intercourse is done on necessity and not on desire sometimes my wife's vagina is dry and iam unable to insert my penis. For this a friend has suggested to apply a lubricating jelly (named "Lubic" by neon Laboratories).

Would like to know :
1. if its advisable to apply lubrications(We are planning for conceiving and doubt whether such lubrications be a barrier to this)
2. Does wife should also need to ejaculate liquid apart from myself. I mean, is male ejaculation alone is sufficient or both the partners need to ejaculate.
Posted Fri, 23 Nov 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 1 hour later
Answer1. Natural lubrication is the best and local anaesthetic based jellys like Lubic or Ky which do not contain any spermicide can be used if intercourse is painful .
Just ensure that you do not have an intolerance or allergy to the contents of the jelly.If you feel you have any allergy or itching you should stop immediately.

Answer 2.Male ejaculation inside the vagina alone is also sufficient for conception.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.