Undergoing follicle study, prescribed Purborgeon injection. On which date has rupture occurred? Is it the right date for me?

Question
hai i am undergoing follicel study this month and today is my 16th day...my follicle size G.F=2.5*2.4cm....from 14th day it shows me same size..and they suggeted injection for me on 14th day purborgeon 5000..they suggest me on next day that is 17 th day...at what date rupture happen..and it is right date for me..
Posted Sat, 9 Jun 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 16 minutes later

A follicle of size 2.5 *2.4 cm is optimum and is ready to ovulate producing the egg.

Usually in assisted techniques like ovulation induction, Injection HCG 5000 IU is given when the ovum has reached optimal size irrespective of the day of the cycle.

Within 24 to 48 hours of injection the follicle will break (Ovulate) producing egg.If a single injection fails then a second injection of same dose can be planned and this also takes a minimum of 24 hours to break.

When there is no ovulation even 24 hours after second injection then the follicle is considered to be dead or useless and induction for next cycle is planned.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Follow-up: Undergoing follicle study, prescribed Purborgeon injection. On which date has rupture occurred? Is it the right date for me? 9 minutes later
if it doesnt rupture...doc told me to undergo treatement for 6 months...any other mathod to increase the rupture

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Hi again,

Thanks for writing back.

Yes, treatment does need many number of trials.6 months is minimum consideration.

Also yes for that there is another medication if the Injection HCG fails.
If HCG injection fails a special and newer hormonal injection called FSH (Follicle stimulating hormone) is given.Do ask your gynaecologist for the same.

Wish you the best.

Follow-up: Undergoing follicle study, prescribed Purborgeon injection. On which date has rupture occurred? Is it the right date for me? 42 minutes later
when is correct date for rupture will happen for normal period of 28-30 days. becoz i have late period last month on 33rd of last period.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

Its usually the 14th day of the period when a follicle ruptures in woman with periods of 28day cycle.

Since in you the cycle length is around 30th or 32nd day the rupture could be around 16th or 18th day.

Formula : follicle rupture day is = Length of the cycle -14
example if period length is 31 then
31-14 =17
17th day would be the ovulation (rupture)day.

Hope I answered your doubts clearly.

regards,