Underarm pain spreads to left breast and arm

I have low intensity underarm pain that radiates towards my left breast and all my arm. I am female, 54, on no medication whatsoever, with a tendency to generate cysts. What can be the cause?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 8 hours later

Underarm pain that radiates to breast and arm - The following possibilities in the order of importance.

1) A local injury - Do you remember about getting hurt? If so, try a low dose over the counter pain killer like Ibuprofen, 400mg after a meal. If you have peptic ulcer, supplement with antacid.
2) Menopause - Do you have any other symptoms of menopause? In such a case, the similar symptoms would have happened in the past too.
3) Breast pain - Referred from arm. Do you have any lumps in the breat or under arm? Do you get annual mammograms as a part of preventive health?
4) Cardiac pain - You do not complain about High BP, Diabetes and high cholesterol. I presume you do not have any risk factors, still a very low possibility.

I wish you could have elaborated about your complaint.

Hope I answered your query. I will be available for your follow up answers.