Under weight. Formation of white layer on tongue after eating. Does not feel hungry. Suggestions?

Hello Doc,

My Name is XXXXX

1. I am very thin and never gained wait on a decrease in the last 7 years. Age : 26 and weight is 48.

2. I have a problem in my tong getting dirty after I drink coffee, tea, food etc. It forms a white layer on my tong and I have to clean it every day 2 times, Is it a serious problem?

3. I cannot eat large amount of food[Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner], However I get hungry every 4 hrs ?

Kindly advise me on the problem. Thank you

Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later

Thanks for posting your query. I hope you are doing well.

Here are my answers:

1. Ideally, you must be weighing around 54 to 60kgs. You are now 48. You must eat healthy, nutritious food with almonds and cashews to put on more weight. You need to eat protein XXXXXXX food. Along with this, you must do aerobic physical exercises daily for 40 mins to build up the muscle mass.

2. This is not a serious problem. However, I advise you to use a tongue cleaner to clean your tongue after every meal and floss your teeth twice daily.

3. This is not a problem too. It is ok for you to not be able to eat large meals. I am glad that you get hungry every 4 hrs. Please eat fruits at this time when you feel hungry. You could also eat dry fruits. Consume a glass of milk. You must eat frequently, once in 4 hrs.

I hope this helps you.

Take care, XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Under weight. Formation of white layer on tongue after eating. Does not feel hungry. Suggestions? 2 days later
Thank you very much Shanthi :-)
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later
It is my pleasure XXXXXXX

Have a great week ahead :)