Under severe stress, taking restyl regularly. Will it cause side effects?

Hi I am 25yrs, I HVE lot of work stress, I HVE started taking restyl 1mg two tablets every night it's been a month I m doing this is there any side effects
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Follow-up: Under severe stress, taking restyl regularly. Will it cause side effects? 13 minutes later
Please tell me if there is any side effects of restyl and pls suggest me something good medicine for my acnes it should be natural pls doc help me I HVE lot of work stress or suggest me some anti stress pills which can give me peaceful sleep
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 57 minutes later

Let me first congratulate you for quitting smoking.

Now coming to your work stress and restyl. I strongly recommend you against the use of any pills like restyl. Why not you try various life style modifications as stress reliever like doing YOGA, listening to music, writing diaries, meditations etc.

If at all you want information about restyl, let me tell you that it is relatively safe drug, but contra-indicated in pregnancy. So beware if you planning pregnancy as it will lead to birth defects. Usually it is started with lower dose like 0.25 mg or 0.5 mg. Side effects are: it may lead to psychological and physical dependence, withdrawal syndromes, bowel disturbances, vertigo, fatigue, muscle weakness , confusion etc.

Now regarding Acne, first try local therapy alone. Keep the face clean but never srub your face too much as it will aggravate the acne by mechanical disruptions of comedones. You may try local agents like benzoyl peroxide or retinoic acid 20 minutes after washing your face. Don't use retinoids if you are planning pregnancy. Both of these agents are to be used sparingly and too much exposure to sunlight has to be avoided.
If you are not planning pregnancy then combined oral contraceptive pills will also help you.
Herbal preparations like tulsi tea, pastes made up of sandalwood, turmeric, neem, saffron, amla etc may help, you can search good brands for these.

Again the same request, please avoid sleeping pills and come to natural tone of life.

Best wishes