Under depression and told to have bipolar disorder. Suggest?

My mother is under depression since one and half years.she was told that she is having bipolar disorder..
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 7 days later
Brief Answer:
It is a good combination.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, thanks for asking. If she is depressed now and also she has history of bipolar mood problems, the doctor has prescribed a good regimen. Fortunately for Divaa (divalproax), she can have blood check for the level of the medication. If it is between 50 and 100, it would be fine. Otherwise the doctor may increase it a little. Mirtaz can have many effects of Tryptomer, so the doctor may gradually decrease the second one, but it backs to his opinion. I wish her a good health. Best
Follow-up: Under depression and told to have bipolar disorder. Suggest? 7 hours later
She feels restless during morning hours and stays lying on bed throughout the day thinking.
She has lost appetite and ignores her meal too.
Kindly recommend what should be done.
She is unable to sleep properly at night without nitrest 10

What blood test we should do for as asked by you?
Also recommend some good tips to recover her fast
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sleepienss is common in the first days of treatmen

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, thanks for asking. Her medications doses could be adjusted by her doctor in order to treat her sleepiness. Divalproate dose in the blood can be measured as I mentioned about the medications level. Best