Under arms are red after applying deo. What is the suggested medication?

Ayurveda Specialist
I have the skin problem, I would like to apply the Deo on my under arm's, but from past 1 year am facing one problem, once I apply the Deo on my under arm's immediately that place will get reddish and start to warm and hitching , please advice me what I have to apply for that.. please suggest me...
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Armpit Rash Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health query and following considerations are requested from your side for Ayurveda approach towards the disease. 1. since your problem has a known offending agent [deodorant] which probably implies an allergic reaction? but have you examined with a Dermatologist regarding any other common cause of underarm infection like folliculitis, fungal infection, scabies ?? 2. as a general rule, I always ask my patient regarding any Immunocompromised state like diabetes, HIV, syphilis which may be a contributory cause. [any such history or any laboratory investigations done]? PS. since deodorants contain aluminum, fragrances, alcohol and parabens — all of which can trigger a rash and is one of the easiest causes of itching or redness. Do revert back with your clarifications so that Ayurveda Management and Dietary Regime can be initiated, till then i. wear loose fitting clothes made of cotton, jute and linen ii. avoid alcohol and caffeine based beverages as they lead to dehydration of the body, instead take hydrating fluids like water and green tea iii. wash underarms with potash alum [फिटकरी]. which is a natural astringent and antiseptic. Dr. Munish Sood Consultant & Physician Naimittika