Unconsciousness, continuous head spinning. No improvement after taking vertin tab. Guidance for further medication?

Hi Doctor,
I was become unconscious about 20 days back on the street. After 20 sec time I become ok and from then my head is spinning continuesly. When I consulted my physician he gave me Vertin 8mg tablet which is not worked. Then I consulted ENT specialist as per my doc suggestions and he also suggested same tablet for about 20 days. But still my problem is not solved. Please guide me on this.

Posted Sat, 2 Jun 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 39 minutes later

From the complain that you had and medicines prescribed by the doctors it seems that you are having vertigo.

In human body the balance of the body is controlled by brain and a mechanism in ear. When there are some disturbances in ear mechanism or brain it can lead to giddiness and fall that you had.

The primary impression seems to by both the doctors is of vertigo due to ear problem.

The problem might have occurred due to many possible reasons like, cough cold, some jerky movements of head, ear infection etc.In some cases no cause is found.

Normally you should have responded to medicines given to you by now. Some minor problem can persist with medicines and you can have occasional giddiness.

In case you have problem to the extent that it affect your daily routine,

1.     Please go back to physician and discuss with him. He may advise some investigation as per need.
2.     Alternatively you can consult a neurophysician and get your self examined and treated and to look for some other cause of giddiness.

In mean time please do following,

1. be careful while you drive
2. Take light diet
3. Move your head slowly and avoid jerky movements.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask,in case of no queries,please accept the answer.