Unconscious after laughing. Headache, nausea and light headedness. Any suggestions?

I laughed so hard last night I think I passed out. It would have been for a very short period of time (just a couple of seconds). Afterwards, I had a very bad headache and was nauseated (even threw up). My skin also became very clamy. This morning, I still have a dull headache but no other symptons.

I've noticed in the past when I stretch my upper body (arms and chest) really good, I sometimes get light headed. This only lasts for a couple of seconds. Not sure if that is related.
Any ideas what might have happened?
Posted Sat, 14 Jul 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 7 hours later

Thanks for the query

The syndrome what you are suffering from is called 'laugh syncope' which is usual and occurs in many.
It is due to vaso vagal stimulation which reduces the blood supply to the brain transiently. Similar phenomenon occurs while stretching as well.
It is normal and needs no evaluation unless you have completely lost consciousness. In that case you will have undergo tests to rule out hypotension due to posture. A cardiologist is the best person to approach for this matter.

I hope I have answered your query, if there are no further queries please accept my answer

I wish you good health